Monday, May 14, 2012

GCB

So, GCB has been cancelled.  I absolutely love and adore Kristin Chenoweth.  I think she and Annie Potts stole the show. 

Now, as someone who lives in a similar setting as GCB, I related to the show in the sense that it's the bible belt around here some times.  People with money AND bible thumpers go together in a strange, captivating way.

I, personally wasn't offended by the show.  As KC said, there is a difference between making fun of religion and having fun with religion.  I can see how some would find it offensive, but it's comedy.  It was exagerrating to make a point, and I think it was funny at times.

But, I gotta say, the show wasn't as funny as the season wore on.  I mean, really...the 'kidnapping' in Juarez was so unrealistic.  Throw in an appearance by Sandra Bernhart...  It made no sense, and it wasn't really acted well.  I suppose if that particular scene were acted well, then it would have seemed ridiculously over-acted and over-dramatic.

So, yes, I'm sad to see GBC go.  But, at the same time, after the turn the season took, I don't blame the network.  What started as a cute, good idea (with plenty of material), turned into patheticly unrealistic story lines and not-so-stellar acting. 

Have you gotten your tickets to see Kristin Chenoweth's concert tour?  Now that would be worth it.  I've seen her sing live once, and it was phenomenal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! I'd love to discuss life with you.