Thursday, May 17, 2012

It's OK Thursdays

Its Ok Thursdays

IT'S OKAY...

1) It's okay that I have no idea where this week went.  I just was writing about what was okay last Thursday.

2) It's okay that the only reason my house will be in decently presentable/normal shape is that my parents are coming in town tonight.  (I have done 3-4 loads of laundry and NOT put them away this week.)

3) It's okay that I applied for a job on a whim yesterday, even though I've only been at this new one for 3-4 months.  Why not, right?

4)  It's okay that I have made progress on some of my summer projects already, although I am a long way from finishing them.  Baby steps, I suppose.

5)  It's okay that not getting a phone call for just one day from my long distance boyfriend can throw me into a tail spin.  When you never see someone in person and rely on communication, then one day without it seems drastic.  It makes me question everything. 

6)  It's okay that I don't think I have any real plans this weekend.  I'm looking forward to relaxing. 

7)  It's okay to procrastinate.  Yes,  I regret it later and have to make up for lost time.  But, it's really not the end of the world.

8)  It's okay that I'm 31, and I still feel like I don't have my sh*t together about some things.  (There are days that I feel like I don't have my sh*t together about anything.)   

9)  It's okay that I look at my nieces and nephews and hope they don't make some of the same mistakes I did.  Do as I say, not as I do. 

10)  It's okay that while I'm still pretty liberal and open-minded, I feel more cautious and conservative as the years go by.  More is at stake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! I'd love to discuss life with you.