Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sunday Social

Sunday Social


How did you come up with your blog name?
Well, my blog address comes directly from my name/nickname.  The name of the blog or subtitle, "And so it goes" is sort of the feeling I have when life happens, and I look back at everything as I move on.  It's an expression and a feeling of "well...so there was that."  It's also the title of an older Billy Joel song I listened to growing up, and it's a phrase Kurt Vonnegut uses.  I guess it's my way of saying that sometimes life just happens, in spite of or because of us.  It can be exciting, awesome, shocking, or sad.  But, so it goes.  That's the adventure we're all on. 

What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I'm really new to this blogging thing, but I unwind or deal with things by writing them down or writing down how I feel.  It helps me work through life.  Before I blogged, I wrote.  I also have really enjoyed reading others' blogs from all over the country, and it makes me realize that we're all in this together.  We share so many life experiences, even though we may not know one another, I can relate to what I see on so many other blogs about the joys and struggles of life. 

What is one thing you have discovered because of blogging and now cant live without?
Hmm...I have liked book recommendations, recipes, etc. 

Facebook or Twitter? and why?
How about both.  I like facebook for posting pics and more in-depth catching up with long-distance friends and families.  I like twitter for just random thoughts or following celebrities.  Also, I'm friends with my boss on facebook, but not on twitter, so there's a tiny bit more freedom on twitter for me.  (I'm about to change jobs, and my boss is totally cool anyway, but it's always in the back of my mind). 

If one celeb read your blog who would you want it to be?
I am in love with who I think Sarah Jessica Parker might be in real life.  I also adore Ellen, Tina Fey, and a few others.  I'm not sure they would get anything out of reading my blog, but they are a few celebrities that actually seem like good people. 

What is something you want people to know about your blog?
My blog is 100% honest because I remain somewhat anonymous with it.  I tell how much money I make, my pet peeves, my struggles, my sins, and all of the good things too.  I don't reveal where exactly I live or what exactly my name is.  Sometimes writing is catharsis for me, so it can seem like I'm really deep or heavy.  That's not necessarily how I am all the time in real life, it's just sometimes I write things out in order to deal with them.  By no means do I want to be Debbie Downer, but I don't always have to write out my feelings to process the good things as much as I need to do that to process the bad things.  I am an optimist in real life, and I try to stay positive.  Sometimes my posts are a really personal way of dealing with the negative. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! I'd love to discuss life with you.